Sunday 8 March 2009

Good Morning Sunshine

I was woken up by a call from home
and there outside the sky were painted blue,
The sun peek through the white of my curtain
I woke up feeling warm and cozy, it felt good
Have a cup of tea, and a humble slice of bread
A sunday morning have never felt so good.

As I sat there browsing throught the internet
I couldn't get my sight away from the window
A piece of canvas that seems grey, all the time
Today, was painted with colour from a rainbow
and the smell of sunday roast from the next door
Oh, what a beautifull sunday was it

It felt so wrong not to go out in the sun
As I thought so, the wireless die upon me
And there I was, without excuse not to go out
Got my big ass out, have a walk under the sunlight
The sign said, turn right and straight ahead
I walk, and walk and more walking it was
And finally as I been walking for miles and miles
I saw the sign and it was one hell of a walk,
surprisingly I reach without one wrong turn

Columbia Flower Market sign it was I saw
and there on a beautifull sunny sunday noon,
I stood among the colours of my watercolour
It was a beautifull sight, comfort to the eyes
The air was filled with sweetness from the flower
The strong, bold smell from freshly brewed coffee
In my hands I hold onto a bag, 20 buds of tulips
As I was walking home the weather began to change
Dark clouds gathered and rain was pouring
I walked my long way home in the pouring rain
And in the corner of my lips was a big smile...
Oh how unpredictable was London's weather!!

I was dripping wet when I was walking through the door
I was greeted by fellow friend in the warm of our flat
We all sat down in our humble little kitchen, all wet
Have a cup of hot tea, a slice of cake and a good laugh
And ended that one beautiful sunny sunday
With a call across the world from a place called home

No comments:

Post a Comment